Who is H.B. Louise?
This is me, H.B. Louise––
I’m a 21-year-old studying communication and entrepreneurship at a college in Indiana. I’m a daughter, friend, and sister. I’m a coffee enthusiast and world traveler. I’m a candid individual who believes in speaking up for myself and those I care about. I’m a day-dreamer and adventurer. I’m a cat and small dog lover. I’m a writer.
I’m a writer.
For five years, I’ve kept this part of me hidden from the outside world. For five years, I’ve been perfectly content with keeping this part of me secret. For five years, I’ve worked and reworked content for one story. Five whole years.
Now, some of you may be wondering why I have forgone the use of my real name. From day one I knew a pen name was something I wanted to consider IF I ever published my book. For years, I have been afraid and nervous to share something so intimate with loved ones and strangers. Then, the thought of tying my first and last name with the project seemed too daunting. I finally decided on the perfect name that meant something to me. However, I couldn’t have done this without the help of three very special people, Natalie, Kendall, and Ben. For that and so much more, thank you. So, H.B. Louise uses my first and last initial and my middle name. It allows me to keep my identity, but also creates a beautiful persona for me as a writer.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much! You have no idea how excited I am to finally share this part of me, but please understand there are still nerves. I think that can be expected, right?
Anyway, I wanted to share a little about me for everyone following along my journey! So, here are 15 facts about me:
1. My favorite vacation of ALL time was to Peru, South America. In June of 2017, my parents, two sisters, and I flew from Indiana all the way to Lima, Peru. From there we spent two weeks exploring Cuzco, Puerto Maldonado, the Amazon rainforest, and Machu Picchu. It was the most exhilarating adventure. Fun fact: I easily experience altitude sickness, and let’s just say I did not do well with the change.
2. I am a HUGE Mumford and Sons fan. Their music, along with some other alternative musicians, aided in boosting my creativity when writing my book.
3. I have two irrational fears: pigeons and iguanas. I kid you not, I either cry or freak out immediately when I see one.
4. I am an enneagram two to a T. That means I am a helper and love feeling valued and appreciated. If you haven’t taken the quiz and read about the enneagram types, I highly suggest you do it!
5. I have been a certified scuba diver for 10 years this October, and it is something I will cherish for the rest of my life. There is something calming about being on a dive boat, prepping your gear, and diving different reefs and wrecks. My love for diving started in my backyard pool and has expanded to the Florida Keys, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Aruba, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and more.
6. I started ocean photography when I was 17 and have loved every second of it! Although I do not love that barracudas are attracted to my camera light.
7. My favorite seasons are fall and winter even though I have a summer birthday and love the beach.
8. When I was younger, I dreamed of many occupations and still have no idea what I want to do. I considered being a marine biologist, fashion designer, chef, entrepreneur, writer, dentist, doctor, lawyer, and so much more. What can I say, I have many interests and simply cannot settle?
9. My favorite color is yellow.
10. In my spare time, you will most likely see me spending time with family and friends, reading, hanging out with my cat Louie, spending money in a local coffee shop or boutique, or dreaming of my next adventure.
11. I would love to travel to Antarctica before I am 40 so I have 19 years to plan the trip of a lifetime.
12. When I read books, I often skip ahead to find parts to look forward to. When I wrote my book, I skipped the middle section of the book to write the ending. I found that I knew exactly where to end it, but had no idea how to get there. It didn’t take long to go back and fill in the details!
13. Sunset is my favorite time of day, but find I am most productive in the early morning.
14. When I write papers for school, I always leave the title blank or use the placeholder “????” until I can come up with a fun, intriguing title. You best believe my book had that exact placeholder for about three years.
15. I am a ring fanatic! I own 50+ rings and continue to buy a new ring every place I visit. I think it is not only the best souvenir, but a great reminder of the city or country I visited.
All my thanks and love, H.B. Louise